Jewish Community Center INFANT TODDLER LEAD/CO-LEAD TEACHER JOB - New Albany, Ohio in Columbus, Ohio
Plan, implement, provide and supervise safe classroom activities which promote the emotional, social, intellectual and physical development of the infant and toddler age child.
40 Hours per week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday 30 Hours per week from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: AA or BS in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education or commensurate field experience and/or continual and significant inservice hours.
Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: Previous experience working with young children preferred.
Special skills: Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices with infants and toddlers. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to work constructively with children and adults. Professional and positive attitude.
Physical Requirements: Toddlers are very active. To teach toddlers effectively and keep them safe, the teacher must be physically able to keep up with children.
a. Be able to lift up to 25 pounds: Move a child during an emergency; lift/carry child to quiet area during outbursts. b. Be able to run: Reach a child quickly / protect a child during an emergency; participate in physical play with children to keep them engaged. c. Be able to sit on the floor: Toddlers play on the floor. Teachers must be able to interact with children on their level. Because toddlers explore and change activities frequently, teachers must be physically able to get off the floor and sit back down easily. d. Stamina: Toddlers move constantly throughout their day. Teachers must be able to maintain the same level of energy throughout the day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute a program of developmentally appropriate infant and toddler education experiences including art, music, movement, math, science and language, with an emphasis on implementing the JCC Jewish Curriculum, Creative Curriculum, and Step Up to Quality Standards in the classrooms.
- Provide and supervise activities which promote the emotional, social, intellectual and physical development of each infant / toddler. A M I B
- Provide and maintain a neat, organized classroom, with a learning center focus; take responsibility for upkeep of all educational equipment and materials.
- Write and post activities daily on the wipe board outside the classroom door, plan and implement monthly activities to be approved by the Director.
- Maintain a folder with lesson plans and information about the classroom infants / toddlers for substitutes.
- On a weekly basis, document and write assessments on the infants / toddlers in the classroom; work with parents to promote understanding of growth and development of their child; have a parent conference mid-year as well as an end of year assessment, if requested.
- Work with and nurture assistant teacher(s) to ensure a well managed classroom.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding children and families.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (internet social media personal accounts) may not contain information or pictures about children at the JCC, the JCC, or work related issues with other staff or the JCC.
- Supervise all activities to insure safety of each infant / toddler at all times, complete incident or illness reports and communicate information to Director immediately.
- Greet each infant / toddler and parent warmly and in a friendly manner each morning upon arrival.
- Participate in Jewish learning opportunities as provided by supervisor and other JCC staff. Use the Judaic curriculum as a guideline for Jewish learning in the classroom and in lesson plans.
- Participate actively in specialty classes.
- Attend week of in-service training prior to the start of the school year and Teacher In-Service Training in February.
- Attend day and evening staff meetings as required by Director.
- Attend special events, programs, and meetings as called upon by supervisor during or after school hours (for example: Curriculum Night, Meet the Teacher, Family Shabbat Dinners, ECE Family Picnic, Art Show, and holiday programs). Dates will be communicated to staff at least three weeks in advance.
- Naptime is allocated for JCC work not personal business. Acceptable activities for staff working during naptime in the classroom while infants / toddlers are sleeping include: Newsletters, changing bulletin boards, cleaning countertops, toys, etc. Unacceptable activities for staff during this time include: Sleeping, dozing, meditating, use of personal data devices (including, but not limited to, texting, Facebook, twitter, etc.), and reading (ECE related reading acceptable) etc.
- Maintain safe and clean classroom environment Maintain a professional demeanor.
- Maintain neat and clean appearance.
- Respect all co-workers; work with other staff members in a cooperative manner.
- Follow personnel policies of the JCC of GC and represent the JCC in a manner befitting a professional educator.
- Maintain scheduled hours in a timely manner; notify preschool office in the event of absence.
- Submit all necessary forms and certificates related to licensing requirements in advance of the school year and on demand.
- NO NON EMERGENT CELL PHONE USAGE (including texting & games) during work hours.
FY 2018 FESTIVAL DAYS: 5/21/18 (new hire 6/1/17+ work all)
- Expected to work 3 of the 5 Festival Days
- If the Festival Day is a Holiday as defined by the JCC Handbook, staff working the Festival Day will receive Holiday Pay (if eligible for Holiday Pay) for hours regularly scheduled and wages for hours actually worked.
- Teachers observing these religious Holidays are not required to work Festival Days
All other duties as assigned.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
Date Posted: 04/16/2018
Title: INFANT TODDLER LEAD/CO-LEAD TEACHER JOB - New Albany, Ohio
JCC: The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
Location: Columbus, OH