PNC Detection & Investigation Analyst Lead in Columbus, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101063 Detect & Investig Analyst Lead
Reviews and investigates customer cases, reports and work for potential and actual loss. Minimizes fraud, Anti-Money Laundering and/or organizational risk. Performs early detection of suspicious activity. Controls and prevents losses. May lead the work of and/or train detection and investigation staff.
Researches and analyzes bank activities and reports to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and suspicious activities. Recommends disposition. Identifies gaps and control enhancements.
Uses defined research procedures to identify and resolve issues. Identifies trends and escalates as appropriate.
Follows standards and practices to mitigate fraud, Anti-Money Laundering and other risk exposure and loss. Shares best practices among the team and/or service partners.
Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation of analysis performed and coordinates with internal or external stakeholders as appropriate.
PA - Pittsburgh
Detection & Investigation Analyst Lead
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail
OH263 - Whitehall Service Centerr I
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Columbus, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
Business Ethics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
Business Process Improvement - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use methods for identifying, evaluating, introducing and implementing more efficient approaches to performing business related activities.
Information Capture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Standard Operating Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Fraud Detection and Prevention - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Detection & Investigation Analyst Lead within PNC's AML Compliance Operations - Customer Identification Unit (CIU) organization, you can be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Columbus, OH.