SMG Operations Housekeeping/Set Up Staff in Cleveland, Ohio
Responsible for performing work as needed to efficiently clean, maintain, and prepare for events and other day to day needs in keeping with standards of a first class facility. This includes, but not limited to setting/striking tables, chairs, staging, air walls, barricades, pipe and drape, dance floor and other event related inventory as needed. Other responsibilities include preventative maintenance, cleaning, upkeep, replenishing supplies and operating machinery including but not limited to utility vehicles, compactors, scrubbers, sweepers, snow machines, pallet jacks and other motorized material handling equipment as trained and authorized.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs various event related tasks efficiently before, during and after events including but not limited to the setting/striking of tables, chairs, staging, air walls, barricades, pipe and drape, dance floor and other event related inventory as needed.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, vacuums, cleans all surfaces, empties trash and operates trash and recycling compactors as directed.
- Keeps Supervisor and Manager informed on status of work and reviews work orders and completes tasks as assigned within the time period provided.
- Maintains supply rooms and equipment in an orderly fashion and uses equipment and supplies as instructed.
- Assist with proper storage of all event related equipment as directed.
- Assist with the cleaning and minor maintenance of all cleaning and housekeeping machinery and equipment.
- Performs deep cleaning and housekeeping projects throughout the Facility, i.e., carpet extraction, floor stripping, sanitization, waste removal, window cleaning and other projects as directed.
- Reports damages to equipment in a timely manner to Supervisor
- Performs preventative maintenance work on equipment, storage rooms and other areas of the Facility as directed.
- Maintains inventory logs and department checklists as directed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintains good and effective relationships with staff.
- Adheres to all Facility rules, regulations, safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Performs tasks related to the handling of mail and/or other deliveries to our loading dock area as directed.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 216-920-1439.
Don Thigpen, HR Manager
SMG/Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
And Global Center for Health Innovation
1 St. Clair Ave, NE
Cleveland, OH 44114
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled