PNC Underwriter II - Commercial in Cincinnati, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100678 Underwriter II- Commercial
Works under limited supervision or independently. Using independant judgement to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties and also may have limited approval and/or exception authority. Prepares offerings for specific transactions or in management of a portfolio as assigned and interacts with internal/external customers. May provide recommendations for credit structuring.
Using independant judgement to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk management for assigned portfolio.
Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as appropriate to gather information and clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May include relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
Performs or assists with the identification and/or confirmation of all external regulatory requirements. Ensures internal policies and procedures are followed.
Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit decisions directly as appropriate.
OH - Cincinnati
Underwriter II - Commercial
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
OH939 - Gest Street Cincinnati
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Lisle, OH - Cincinnati
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Office Support Tools - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available at the desktop (for example: word processing, e-mail, presentation software, and spreadsheets.)
Information Capture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Financial Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Operational Functions - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Underwriter II within PNC's Equipment Finance organization, you will be based in Cincinnati, OH.