Mercy Health Health Data Analyst II in Cincinnati, Ohio
Health Data Analyst II
Job ID: 4661901
Updated: April 16, 2018
Geographic Location: HomeOffice
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: Care Coordination
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
Utilize knowledge of business needs, clinical findings and customer needs, analytic techniques, reporting formats and presentation to provide guidance and direction to the development, implementation and standardization of improving population health outcomes, clinical quality, and total cost of care actions relating to the achievement of Mercy Health's Clinically Integrated Network's strategic and operational goals. This position will provide analysis and interpretation to support clinical actions and interventions across a multi-site clinically integrated network. The data analyst must have an understanding of population health analytics, and an understanding of clinical and claims based data systems and measures. This position will use Mercy Health’s claim data warehouse, payer reports, population health tools, electronic health record, and other reporting systems to provide clinical and claims-related reporting and informatics support for the Care Continuum Team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that all of the essential functions and responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Mercy Health, which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Compassion, Sacredness of Life, and Service.
· Develop a proficiency in all applications within our claims data warehouse, including ad hoc reports and analyses of financial and clinical data, risk stratification, evidence based medicine, plan performance measures, predictive modeling, physician attribution, post acute utilization and trend data and medical management and wellness program outcomes reporting.
· Assist in designing, producing and interpreting dashboards and control charts that will be used to support care coordination operations and management as well as population health initiatives and pilot projects.
· Ability to mesh the data and clinical findings to identify and recommend areas of opportunity.
· Assist in the improvement and automation of reports where possible; document report processes where needed.
· Attend meetings with internal and external customers as requested, collaborate on analytics needs, and present/explain data where appropriate.
· Function independently and produce results that meet standards of quality, timeliness, and acceptability.
· Maintain the confidentiality of information in accordance with HIPAA and Mercy Health policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree or better in business, computer science, health informatics, or a health-care related field.
· RN or LPN preferred
· A minimum of 2 years work experience involving data analytics, data warehousing or database administration.
· Familiarity with the Electronic Health Record (EPIC & Clarity) and reporting tools (Explorys, Premier PCe), and claims systems (EPIC Tapestry and Conifer).
· Familiarity with HEDIS and ACO measures of quality
· Strongly Proficient software skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access data base and PowerPoint. Advanced level of Microsoft Excel preferred – including pivot tables, linked spreadsheets, lookup formulas, and graphing. Must demonstrate ability to independently develop professional display of data for appropriate team use and action.
· Familiarity with relational databases, including Microsoft Access. SQL knowledge and OLAP cube experience is a plus. Knowledge of Quality Improvement analytics, including the production and interpretation of run charts and control charts, is also a plus.
· Healthcare experience preferred, including an understanding of ICD-9, CPT and DRG coding and/or other clinical nomenclature. Familiarity with basic inpatient and ambulatory clinical workflows is needed in this role.
· Other skills required:
- Strong mathematical, quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- A demonstrated aptitude for learning new software applications, questioning and exploring data abnormalities, and creating new reports and processes.
A fondness for learning new things and meeting the challenges of working in the continuously changing healthcare environment.
Part-time- Tableau packages. Review with SMEs for accuracy
Analyst FT- Answers the How and maintenance of regular reporting.
Accuracy and integrity including suggestions or notes of trending (and inconsistencies)
Ability to pull data from system and generate meaningful reports if necessary
Chart reviews and tracking shared responsibility between pt and ft - qualitative
Full-time, 40 hours per week, days
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.