Mercy Health Charge Nurse Behavioral Health - Mercy Health Clermont in Batavia, Ohio
Charge Nurse Behavioral Health - Mercy Health Clermont
Job ID: 4658295
Updated: March 15, 2018
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Batavia, OH, United States
Department: Psych Admin
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
The Registered Charge Nurse provides care within the scope of the Ohio/Kentucky Nurse Practice Act. The Registered Nurse is accountable for the delivery of nursing care utilizing the nursing process, evidence-based standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization. The Registered Nurse will incorporate the American Nursing Association Code of ethics for nurses in daily practice. The Charge Nurse coordinates daily on-site clinical activities within the Behavioral Health Units. The charge nurse also performs direct nursing care as needed. This role is accountable for the daily unit operations, scheduling, staffing, and clinical care delivered. Serves as lead nurse and coordinator of daily on-site clinical activities occurring within the acute behavioral health institute. Serves as the liaison person between the nursing team and all community partners associated with the behavioral health institute services provided by nursing. Provides direct clinical supervision of unit staff.
- Serves as a positive role model for staff. Participates in unit orientation for all new personnel. Accepts responsibility for own professional growth and promotes the same with staff. Serves as a liaison to support and maintain all customer relationships. Facilitate group, nursing and psychoeducational. Co-facilitate process groups.
- Performs customer rounding on the unit and during visitation. Investigates and responds to Safecare events. Performs chart reviews, and quality activities on the unit. Holds others accountable to standards of performance. Displays a curiosity and desire for knowledge and staying current with colleagues, be curious about business and the health care services industry. Regularly invests time in encouraging the team to innovate, continuously improve processes and share knowledge.
- Leads team and faciltates admissions, completes admissions, discharges, and maintains patient flow and throughput. Accountable for the maintenance of Emergency department flow and connects to ED LOS as it realted to admitted patients. Maintains true and accurate patient tracking boards in efforts to facilitate care.
- Participates in administrative meetings and committees (staff meetings, quality improvement, patient satisfaction, employee engagement, etc.) to exchange information that relates to program updates, identify program barriers and anticipate future program needs in accordance with appropriate accreditation standards and within facility policies. Participates in the supervision of clinical interns or students and/or volunteers, utilizing orientation, observation, record reviews, feedback and evaluations as required. Participates in the safe management of the milieu, intervening effectively with patients who behave inappropriately or who are having coping difficulty, utilizing effective non-abusive crisis prevention/intervention techniques.
- Treats patients and families with empathy and respect. Maintains effective working relationships with team members, (requires both flexibility and setting limits).Performs work in accordance with the facility standards and policies regarding risk management, safety, infection control, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Director or Manager.
Shift and Job Schedule
- Full-Time; 40 hr/week
- Schedule: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Join our team, and you’ll have access to cutting-edge technology. You’ll rub elbows with the best-of-the-best in over 100 specialties. And you’ll be part of an organization that includes 23 hospitals and more than 450 locations in Ohio and Kentucky. Because we’re a large organization, you’ll have plenty of room to advance and grow. We’re ready to invest in your future through training and professional development. So you can improve your skills, develop new ones and take center stage.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b)
- Plenty of paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
For additional detials or if you have questions please reach out to Stephanie Fague at sfague@Mercy.com or 513-716-0581.