Mercy Health Outpatient Coding Supervisor - Remote in Any city in Ohio, Ohio
Outpatient Coding Supervisor - Remote
Job ID: 4661872
Location: Any city in Ohio, OH, United States
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
Responsible for the day to day coding activities within the Health Information Management Department for the respective acute care facility(ies,) within the market. This includes assisting the Manager and/or HIM Director, and/or System Coding Director, with duties assigned to assure Accounts Receivable and Discharged Not Billed goals are met.
- The supervisor is responsible for the staffing, organizing and directing of coding activities within a given facility under the direction of the market Coding Manager. She/he will coach (SMART Responsibilities where applicable), develop, complete timely performance evaluations and discipline those staff members under his/her responsiblity as needed.
- Monitors workflow, productivity and quality of coding and abstracting functions according to system guidelines. Performs routine audits of work performed by all staff members.
- Monitors progress and achievment of coding goals and objectives and reports such information in a timely manner as requested by leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of all federal and state rules and associated coding guidelines.
- Acts as the on-site resource person for coding related questions, to include assisting members of the medical staff and members of the management team.
- Acts as a technical resource and assists with resolution of technical issues and/or works with appropriate staff/department to rectify technical issues impeding the functions of the coding team.
- Completes staff schedules and timecards according to Mercy policy. Holds staff accountable for compliance with paid time off, (PTO) policies.
- If workload demands, accurately assigns codes to any medical record in conformance with American Hospital Association, (AHA) coding guidelines and/or financial payer requirements. Assigns appropriate modifiers and present on admission, (POA) indicators as necessary. Assigns appropriate Diagnosis Related Group, (DRG) to reflect the documentation within the medical record.
Qualifications - Minimum
- At least three years of coding experience in an acute care setting to include inpatients, outpatients, and emergency department records required
- Certified Coding Specialist, (CCS,) COC, or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) required; Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) within 3 months of hire
- ICD-10 Credentialed Trainer certification preferred
- Associates Degree in Coding/HIM required at minimum with a Bachelors Degree in Coding/HIM preferred
Shift and Job Schedule
Full-time at 40 hours per week from 8:00am-5:00pm, with a rotational holiday and weekend.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be a part of the revenue cycle team at Ensemble Health Partners - a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercy Health. Ensemble Health Partners specializes in providing revenue cycle solutions and creating real value for its clients by building relationships, reducing revenue cycle spend and delivering exceptional results. Ensemble partners with hospitals across the United States to make real and lasting improvements that impact the bottom line.