Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Operations Supervisor (Merchandise Control) 1st Shift
The Operations Supervisor - internally known as Merchandise Control - Supervisor effectively manages productivity, quality, labor and costs while providing World Class support to the Avon Representative. Our Supervisor largely focuses on the receiving, warehousing, and replenishment functions within the distribution environment; achieves key process and operational cost improvements in accordance with established company policies and procedures; and fosters a strong team environment.
Maintains consistent focus on process improvement. Focuses on inventory accuracy, expense management, replenishment, throughput / flow management and the Avon Representative value proposition. Focuses on replenishment cycle time reduction.
* Supervises up to 50 Associates. Differentiates performance. Coaches, trains and mentors staff in an effort to continuously improve the effectiveness of the workforce. Utilizes recognition and performance management to reinforce and affect behavior.
* Eliminates non-value-added activities and inefficiencies, focusing on competence in decision making, risk management, and cost analysis.
* Serves as key member of systems transformation teams, developing and/or implementing new systems and processes to revolutionize the Representative experience. Leader in change management.
* Utilizes strong judgment skills to guide performance in scheduling, expediting, planning, coaching and all related areas of responsibility.
* Promotes safety and protects the health and welfare of Avon associates
* Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Operations Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
* Minimum of one - three years supervisory experience
* Strong proficiency in Warehouse Management Systems such as: Oracle, Manhattan, SAP, Red Prairie
* Experience with process improvement and driving change
Additional Qualifications (preferred)
* Thorough understanding of End-to-End System Flow
* Strong technical skills
* APICS certification recommended
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Ability to design analytical tools, project plans and process diagrams
* Exceptional ability to analyze, forecast and make well-supported recommendations
* Prioritizes customer satisfaction. Displays a sense of urgency when responding to Representative concerns
* Promotes teamwork and works effectively within diversified teams
* Acquires knowledge of functional operations (order flow, 5S, quality, finance)
* Ability to work at a fast pace in a rapidly changing business environment
* Experience in communicating and addressing issues to senior management