Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: 8567
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Manufacturing/Operations & Engineering
Company: Pepperidge Farm Incorporated
Business Unit / Location: Willard Plant
Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, supervise a line or multiple lines, including the direct supervision of hourly employees, to produce the required volume of products within company standards of quality, cost and safe work procedures. Ensure that employees have all the resources and tools to carry out their job functions safely and efficiently. Supervisor will also be responsible for working with managers, other supervisors, and personnel from other departments to promote a team environment to achieve goals across all shifts. This individual is expected to be a dependable self-starter who has the follow-up skills to produce extraordinary results with integrity while displaying a positive can-do attitude.
• Coordinates the daily activities of operations personnel to effectively manage the flow of production. This includes working toward the pursuit of departmental, plant, and company goals for safety, quality, and cost utilizing lean manufacturing skills.
• Leads/Participates in team initiatives directed towards achieving operational safety objectives. Monitor accident trends, complete incident reports, and manage transitional work
• Analyze cost indicators and make appropriate adjustments to improve
• Consistently inspect and monitor work areas for compliance with food safety regulations and make decisions on disposition of questionable product
• Model company policies and consistently apply to all employees. Coach and discipline employees where appropriate
• Ensure proper and accurate reporting on all production and inventory measurements
• Coordinate on-the-job training and evaluate skill level achieved for new hires and job transfers
• Train employees in NFPA, HACCP, GMP and Safety regulations and ensure compliance with same
• Promote teamwork and recognize exceptional performance where appropriate
• Manages the operations improvement process by using facilitation and coaching skills.
• Balance production needs with needs of employees
• Promote positive employee relations
• Recommend and administer appropriate disciplinary action up to and including job terminations
• Monitor, advise and manage various production issues including equipment, ingredients, packaging, allergens and crewing needs
• Ability to evaluate daily operations problems in a common sense manner and make quick decisions that support departmental, plant, and company objectives.
• Must have strong oral communication and interpersonal skills that enhance and promote teamwork and drive positive results.
• Bachelor's degreefrom a four year accredited college or university
• Computer literacy
• Prior experience with lean manufacturing / TPM / Six Sigma skills preferred
• Prior experience in manufacturing (Food Industry preferred)
• Prior experience in supervision preferred
Frequent exposure to plant environment (noise, heat, machinery). Must be able to work any shift and job requires shift rotation. Frequent weekend and holiday work
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Sponsored Relocation: Yes
Job Classification: Professional
Business Area: Pepperidge Farm
Experience: Early Career/Recent Graduate
Workplace Setting: Manufacturing facility