Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business GE Aviation
Business Segment Aviation
About Us GE works on things that matter.The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
Posted Position Title Engineering Specialist
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Manufacturing Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces Ohio
Postal Code 45377-3062
Relocation Expenses Yes
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. This is a hands-on technical position involving test equipment. The duties required cover a wide range of areas from board level electronic troubleshooting and repair to high speed rotating machinery diagnostics. The specialist will be an advocate of change and advance current test methods in order to utilize the latest technologies as well as handle troubleshooting of existing equipment.
Essential Responsibilities In addition, you will:
* Analyze, recommend, and implement improvement in processes and equipment to satisfy the business needs and long-range forecasts, taking into consideration that safety and ergonomics are to be a priority
* Diagnose, define, correct and make recommendations concerning process problems
* Prepare and issue operating instructions, planning and reports
* Assist with the training of operators and technicians relative to new and revised processes
* Develop and maintain good relationships with other GE personnel and vendors
* Provide the technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair and maintain various pieces of test equipment
* Represent the company in dealings with outside contractors / vendors
* Provide ongoing support to all aspects of facility operations and test equipment needs
* Provide 24/7 support to plant operations with a rotating call schedule
* Provide the technical knowledge to design and build test equipment as needed to meet production needs
* Update equipment schematics as modifications / repairs are done
* Provide technical leadership in the development and installation of automated test equipment
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited College or University (OR Associate’s Degree in EE or EET OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of related technical experience)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Able to present and sell ideas, programs, methods and contacts outside the organization
* Able to coordinate functional work performed by others, giving of advice and counsel
* Able to write detailed design specifications
* Strong problem solving skills
* Able to design and develop new process and equipment technology
* Strong electrical and electronic troubleshooting
* Strong documentation skills and computer skills
* Strong mechanical aptitude and excellent root cause analysis skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience with electro-mechanical machine controls
* Experience with temperature control processes
* Experience with hydraulics
* Experience with pneumatics
* Experience with high voltage electricity
* Experience with high-speed gearboxes
* Experience with industrial vibration equipment
* Experience with large motors
* Experience with data acquisition systems
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
GE Aviation is a world-leading producer of commercial jet engines and components as well as integrated digital, electric power, and mechanical systems for aircraft. GE Aviation also has a global service network to support these offerings. Technological excellence, supported by continuing substantial investments in research and development, has been the foundation of GE Aviation's growth and helps to ensure quality products for customers.Learn more about GE Aviation today!
The Vandalia shop is a Union facility with over 330 employees which include 173 hourly production and technicians. The facility is located on 27 acre parcel of land and the building occupies approximately 140,000 square feet.
At the Vandalia site we are a manufacturer of electrical power products for the Aerospace industry. Operations include the manufacture of starters, generators, and power supplies, etc. Raw materials used in the manufacture of products include insulated copper wire, metal bar stock, sheet metal, raw castings, paper insulation, impregnation varnish and laminates. Raw materials used in the manufacture of electronic components include electronic parts, chassis and metal parts, insulated wire and connectors, conformal coating and epoxies.
We have a strong engagement team and enjoy supporting the community in various events.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter:@geconnections