Mercy Health Food Service Worker 2 Dietary Mercy St. Vincent Union in Toledo, Ohio
Food Service Worker 2 Dietary Mercy St. Vincent Union
Job ID: 4652163
Updated: August 11, 2017
Geographic Location: Toledo
Location: Toledo, OH, United States
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
This position requires performing a variety of skilled manual functions independently, which include food preparation, plating, garnishing, requisitioning, storage, and service while ensuring maintenance of safe sanitary conditions. Non-complex mathematical skills are required to adjust recipes and maintain reports. Independent judgment is exercised. No direct patient care.
Qualifications - Minimum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to read, write, and perform simple mathematical calculations (including fractions, multiplication, and division) a high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Training in allied food field and/or equivalent experience in quantity food preparation (minimal 2-years), preferably in a health care institution, including experience in food production techniques and equipment plus basic measurements. For positions that are primarily cafeteria grill -- must have 1-year experience as grill cook instead of above requirement.
3. Ability to lift 50 lb., push or pull 400 lb. on cart, reach above head, and stoop to floor.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with patients, customers, employees, and co-workers.
5. Able to work independently without direct supervision.
Hours per pay period: 80
Hours: 6:00am to 8:00pm
E/O weekend and holiday.
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: Days/Afternoons, Job Schedule: Full-Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.