Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Linux System Administrator
We are currently seeking anInfrastructure Administrator Leadfor ourTipp City, OHfacility.
* Administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and above – including performance tuning, monitoring, and scripting. Administering Linux Network File System (NFS).
* Administer and provide daily support for specific elements of the Linux client-server platforms, backup and recovery, data storage, system access and security, etc. Scope of job includes vendor contract and licensing, and version management for client server technologies assigned.
* Assist in company’s Disaster Recovery planning and testing and audit processes.
* Act as a platform expert and advisor for colleagues utilizing and integrating client-server tools. Peers reside in the US, China, India and Mexico.
* Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise in client server technologies and methods and be willing to educate and teach others in formal and informal settings.
* Serve in the roles of expert, advocate, and integrator in this critical technology.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
* 3-5 years of system administration for Linux platforms.
* Strong desire, passion and demonstrated drive to support the global 24x7 nature of our systems.
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems, plan and execute projects, prioritize tasks, conduct research, and work independently under constraints of time and resources.
* Strong formal and informal written and oral communications skills.
* Experience with MFG/PRO and Progress Open Edge 10 preferred.
* Knowledgeable in server virtualization and cluster technologies
* Familiarity and experience with Unix platforms - HP or IBM
* Experience with storage (SAN, NAS) concepts is preferred.
Tipp City, Ohio, United States