Air National Guard Units (Title 32) AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN in Rickenbacker AFB, Ohio
About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, Position Description Number D1369000 and is part of the 121 MAI SQ, Ohio Air National Guard.
This position is located within a National Guard aircraft maintenance organization. Its primary purpose is to analyze malfunctions, troubleshoot, repair, install, maintain, test, inspect, and modify the electrical/environmental systems and other systems on and/or off-aircraft.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
OHIO AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Ohio Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Ohio Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Ohio Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, GS-2892-10, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Performs maintenance, inspects, modifies, tests, services, troubleshoots, isolates malfunctions, and repairs the aircraft electrical/environmental systems and other aircraft systems. Performs maintenance and functional checks of main and emergency current generating systems, solid state direct current transformer rectifiers, external power monitors, ground power switching, circuit protection, load distribution, relay networks, interior/exterior lighting, landing gear control/position, audible/visual warning, engine starting, jet fuel starter, engine test cell instruments and controls, electronic components of flight controls, anti-ice, anti-skid, air conditioning, pressurization, heat, vent, cooling turbines, bleed air components, etc. Performs intermediate maintenance on cryogenic storage containers. Maintains and operates various types of test equipment such as digital and analog multimeters, frequency meters, constant speed drive test stands, voltmeters, ammeters, etc. Performs precise and advanced wiring maintenance procedures on aircraft and debriefs aircrews on the electrical/environmental systems. May clear red "X" conditions.
(2) Provides technical advice and troubleshooting expertise to other work centers as needed when electrical or environmental systems affect the aircraft systems such as radar, weapons release, navigation, communication, instruments, flight controls, pneudraulics, fuel or other systems/subsystems.
(3) Provides on-the-job training to lower graded personnel or to newly assigned personnel regardless of grade.
(4) Requisitions, processes, and accounts for supply assets as required by the repairable processing system. Documents maintenance actions and time accounting on maintenance forms and/or computer systems such as CEMS/CAMS. Maintains technical publications such as wiring diagrams and schematics, maintenance procedures and management forms.
(5) Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations and ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.
(6) May be required to perform duties as accumulation point manager for hazardous waste.
(7) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Open to current members of the Ohio Air National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Ohio Air National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which has provided a knowledge and skill in locating and tying in the electrical systems with the aircraft armament, electronics, and instrument systems; adjusting and calibrating the components of the various electrical systems; reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience or training installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying electrical systems and major substation components of electrical system. Experience diagnosing malfunctions and determining remedy when complex relationships exists among different electrical system circuits requiring knowledge of all electrical units and systems. Experience making electrical repairs that require the use of precision measuring equipment and common hand tools. Experience in the setup and operation of computerized multiple circuit analyzing equipment in manual, semiautomatic, or automatic mode to run existing and new (not fully debugged) diagnostic programs to test and analyze aircraft electrical circuitry and interconnecting cabling of systems such as navigational computers, radar, and related equipment and to repair discrepancies.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, you must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Ohio Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Ohio Air National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: AB (E1) - SSgt (E5)
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC: 2A6X6
*Other Requirements - For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
What To Expect Next
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Review our benefits
If serving under an incentive contract, termination of that incentive(s) will occur effective one day prior to your AGR, Permanent Military Technician, or Indefinite Military Technician start date. Temporary Military Technicians will have their incentive terminated if their tour exceeds 179 days in a continuous 12-month period.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476858600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-26
Salary: $24.53 to $28.59 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 10
Series: 2892 Aircraft Electrician
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: OH-10035577-AF-17-239-T
Control number: 476858600