Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Part Time No
Position Type Direct Hire
Description Resident Engineer
Worksite Location: Honda Research America Raymond, Ohio
Reports to: Supervisor
Department:System Engineering (SAPL)
Business Unit/Office: EI-Engineering
Career Level: TC2-4
The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associate. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
This position at Yazaki North America Inc. has been established to provide on-site support for development programs at Customers. The associate will support the design and technical communication of the product for a designated customer in addition to analyzing and reporting on all vehicle level testing issues with Yazaki. The analysis may include both vehicle level as well as bench level testing. The associate will act as a window to the customer for all work orders. The associate will maintain the technical specification & diagnostics spec., track and update the customer & Yazaki changes and review YNA systems eng. Open issues list and make appropriate changes to specifications. The associate will interface to the customer & YNA testing and facilitate discussion between YNA & the customer. The associate will support the customer internal peer reviews, YNA establishes review dates. (one prior to DV tooling and one prior to PV tooling) The associate will support weekly meetings or regular meetings in the customer as necessary. The associate will maintain a resident engineer action item list to track all open issues. The associate shall participate in technical interchange meetings, in addition to scheduled design reviews & Product Development Team (PDT) meetings for the purpose of program execution. The resident engineer will work equivalent to the customer employee’s standard work hours but in some cases work minimal overtime to complete tasks provided by EI-engineering & the customer. The associate will reside at the customer site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Purpose Of Position
Assist the Customer’s Lead Engineer in defining requirements, evaluating design alternatives, verifying performance, resolution of issues and process improvements for the Product(s) to be supplied.
• Assist with the definition of system requirements
• Resolve issues on the technical requirements and design.
• Initiate system requirement change requests
• Coordinate communication meetings between the customer and YNA.
• Recommend additional testing and development as required
• Determine and investigate design alternatives
• Determine and investigate mechanization alternatives
• Prepare project plans
• Assist with the resolution of system issues and determine the root cause and resolution to verification and test incidents
• Prepare and present responses to action items
• Participate in design reviews
• Assist with the failure mode and effects analysis process
• Maintain an awareness of programs and vehicle systems
• Determine improvements to the process
The customer’s Lead Engineer and his/her supervisor are responsible for all technical direction and all administrative
Degree Requirements: Bachelors’ degree in engineering (Electrical or Systems)
Previous Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in design and/or development.
Travel Requirements: Resident at Customer’s site. Trip to Manufacturing places, Suppliers sites, etc.,
On Call Requirements: None
Physical Requirements: Office position – primarily sedentary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disability to perform the essential functions.
• Interpersonal skills
• Organization Skills
• Use of Personal Computers (PC's) and Microsoft Office tools Proficient
• Good written and oral communication skills - must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical information
• Good interpersonal skills - must work well on a team
• Ability and ambition to work under pressure meet schedules and maintain a high level of output
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status
Send This Job to a Friend