Progressive Software Developer - Enterprise Architecture Patterns & Practices in Mayfield Village, Ohio
Software Developer – Enterprise Architecture Patterns & Practices
Our Information Technology team of 3,500 ensures Progressive is a successful, always evolving company. Partnering with other business areas, our team ensures high quality, innovative technology solutions are available for customers, agents and employees. On our team, you’ll help us drive efficiency and effectiveness across company initiatives.
Your Role on Our Team
As a Lead Software Developer in the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Services group, you’ll use your expertise inapplication development to make an impact on the EA Patterns and Practices team.
In this role you will be accountable for the development and management of technology standards and patterns including the development of reference implementations of those patterns. You will have overall accountability for guidance and technology standards in the architecture pillars of Application, Security, Technology, and Integration, and will also proactively identify the need for additional guidance and technology standards (address gaps) in assigned architecture pillars.
Additional responsibilities include handling incoming requests for the creation of requested guidance, leading the creation or revision of guidance and technology standards via team processes and procedures, and coordinating SME contributions to guidance and technology standards. You will also ensure guidance and technical standard work products are completed in a timely fashion, develop and continually enhance technical and architectural SME (subject matter expertise), be accountable to advise, mentor and train solution delivery team members on guidance and technology standards.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to further grow your leadership capabilities and professional skills!!
Must Have Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering) and six years of work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications
· Instead of a degree, eight years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted
What We Look For
· Demonstrated technical knowledge and hands-on experience at both the delivery level and architecture level in one or more of the following architecture pillars: Application architecture, Information (Data) architecture, Security architecture and Integration architecture
· Ability to think abstractly and conceptually, identify complex relations, and propose solutions to complex problems
· Ability and willingness to perform research on unfamiliar technology and architecture subjects for developing subject matter expertise in assigned architecture pillars
· Ability to author architecture articles (including applicable diagrams and models) to describe reference architectures, patterns, best practices, and technology standards
· Ability to write application code or code segments to demonstrate patterns and technology
· Knowledge of Node.js, Angular, C# is desired
· In-depth knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts in a large IT environment; data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces; various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards; vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Advanced analytical, technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to: negotiations, collaboration, meeting facilitation, mentoring others, and conducting presentations/training
· On-call hours and limited travel may be required
As a technology leader in the auto insurance industry, Progressive offers IT professionals access to new technologies and the support of a collaborative team. With encouragement and flexibility to test your own ideas, you’ll directly impact company growth and success. You’ll also benefit from:
· Annual gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
· 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6%
· Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements and tools to support your lifestyle
· Commitment to IT innovation through initiatives like our Business Innovation Garage where professionals can test new ideas, technology and prototypes
· Dynamic company culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
· Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
· Healthcare onsite and standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio or Colorado Springs available. Learn more about all Cleveland has to offer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Equal Opportunity Employer
/Sponsorship is not available for this position//.//Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Software Developer - Enterprise Architecture Patterns & Practices
Location: Ohio-Mayfield Village
Requisition ID: 145463