Progressive Senior Accounting Financial Reporting Specialist in Mayfield Village, Ohio
Join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals—and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We’re an organization that celebrates and rewards hard work each and every day, with a goal of being a company people can trust.
Senior Accounting Financial Reporting Specialist
As a Senior Accounting Financial Reporting Specialist you’ll be part of our Corporate Financial Reporting team. You’ll complete and review high complexity Statutory reporting, including accounting related journal preparation for the state insurance office. Working closely with your team, you’ll handle monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed to be Successful:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field of study (e.g. Finance)
• 4 years of accounting work experience (minimum two years in corporate or public accounting)
• Strong communications skills, including verbal, written, listening and entry level interviewing skills
• Intermediate analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
• Practices continuous learning including attending internal and external training courses
• Working knowledge of internal accounting controls and SOX knowledge
• Intermediate organizational skills (planning, time management, priority management)
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Demonstrated ability to use query language skills (SAS, MBI, People Soft general ledger queries)
• Ability to work in a team environment and assume a team leadership role if needed.
The preferred candidate will have experience with insurance terminology, accounting and reporting.
• Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company’s achievement of annual performance objectives)
• Flexible work arrangements and casual dress
• Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
• Award winning, supportive environment including Employee Resource Groups
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
• 401k plan
• On-site clinical care and fitness center
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
• You’ll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
• After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
• A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
• Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
• Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: *Finance and Accounting
Title: Senior Accounting Financial Reporting Specialist
Location: Ohio-Mayfield Village
Requisition ID: 145467