Swagelok Equipment Maintenance Level 4 in Highland Heights, Ohio
TitleEquipment Maintenance Level 4
Shift24/7 A Days
The Equipment Maintenance Tech Level 4 is expected to be technically competent with multiple equipment types or maintenance disciplines and can solve most equipment issues without assistance. This associate has a deep understanding of Rx principals and promotes
and follows standard practices. This associate exhibits strong communication skills and can work effectively with cross functional teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifies and utilizes the proper hand tools
• Understands and follows Swagelok’s general housekeeping and safety practices and policies (Ex-fall protection, confined space, hot works permit, PPE, LO/TO, compressed gas, and Arc Flash) and knows where to find them
• Utilizes basic shop math
• Has an understanding of the lean toolbox
• Knows and follows the general safety, proper fall protection, confined space, hot works permit, PPE, LO/TO, compressed gas, and Arc Flash policies
• Performs preventative maintenance per SOM’s
• Provides maintenance welding and soldering support
• Uses fabrication and machining equipment to construct components to support operations
• Leads shift start up meeting
• Promotes and supports the Reliability Excellence process
• Is certified and properly uses all of the Power Industrial Equipment
• Diagnoses mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical problems separate from process
• Recognizes problems in electronic schematics
• Demonstrates the ability to apply troubleshooting skills across multiple asset types
• Can understand equipment blueprints, assembly drawings and electrical schematics
• Suggests and makes modifications or improvements to equipment per Rx process as needed
• Proficiently uses Predictive Technologies
• Utilizes analysis tools such as multi-meters, push-pull testers, precision levels, turn tests and hydraulic test gages to solve problems
• Proficiently uses fabrication/machining processes and can train others in Basic Shielding and Basic Plumbing
• Has an understanding of the lean toolbox (i.e. 5S, CEDAC, Standard Work, etc.)
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years of applicable maintenance experience.
o Technical degree is equivalent to 2 years experience
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to operate and successfully complete the Swagelok internal Powered Industrial Equipment training
• Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
• Displays prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on plant operations
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Always willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Understands Root Cause analysis surrounding equipment reliability
• Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Receives input from others
• Drives team goals and results
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides feedback to Supervision
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Lift, push, pull, or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50lbs lift, push, pull or carry.
• Must be capable of being on feet for up to 8-12 hours a day.
• Capability to squat, bend, and reach.
• Travel to other facilities and vendors as required for training and/or support
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.