Cardinal Health Director, International Tax Operations in Dublin, Ohio
What Tax contributes to Cardinal Health
Tax is responsible for the design, implementation and defense of tax strategies and positions. Records and reports tax expense in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Accountable for the tax due diligence of corporate transactions and preparation of tax compliance returns and reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge in broad area of tax principles, planning strategies and concepts.
- Develops and implements tax controversy strategies to address impact on all open years and impact on planned transactions.
- Analyzes transactions for areas of tax risk and opportunities.
- Demonstrates tax accounting knowledge of GAAP and SEC tax recording and reporting requirements.
- Performs detailed tax research and analysis.
- Develops approaches to detect, resolve and properly report issues and transactions on tax returns.
- Partners with the business to improve tax efficiency of business planning and operations as well as tax compliance and reporting.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
U.S. International Compliance and Review --
- Understand ownership structures, tax attributes, and key issues related to all international entities
- Oversee preparation of all U.S. international tax compliance
- Ensure that all necessary information for compliance is gathered from the company’s systems and other functions. Prepare reporting packages for the same in conjunction with the Director OUS Tax Operations
U.S. International Tax Accounting and Provisions —
- Gather and consolidate all tax packages on a quarterly and annual basis to prepare and review the international tax provision; work closely with the U.S. tax reporting team in this process.
- Work closely cross-functionally to ensure that the proper processes and systems exist to extract the necessary international information for tax accounting purposes
- Train international accounting personnel as necessary to help them understand the tax provision principals and process
U.S. International Aspects of Tax Controversy —
- Responsibility to assist with all aspects of U.S. international controversy and the company’s strategy to support positions taken on the company’s tax return
- Answer U.S. international information document requests from the internal revenue services
Strategic International Planning/Transactional and Mergers & Acquisitions Support --
- Support planning and implementation with respect to acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and reorganizations
- Maintain on a current basis tax attributes for all foreign subsidiaries (e.g., E&P and tax pools).
- Bachelors and Advanced degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field
- prior supervisory experience
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.