Jewish Community Center WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR in Columbus, Ohio
PLEASE USE EMAIL: Careers@ColumbusJCC.org THANK YOU! At the Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus, we create friendships that last a lifetime. We educate and care for children, challenge and inspire adults, and provide a welcoming Jewish space for the community. Currently, there are more than 6,500 members of the JCC representing approximately 3,800 households in Central Ohio. With locations in east, northeast and northwest Columbus, the JCC is committed to continuing to play a significant role in community life in Central Ohio. Each year, over 200,000 people come through our doors to vote, donate blood, receive health screenings and immunizations, take classes, attend camp, preschool, shows, exhibits and to play sports. Each year, nearly 2,000 people of all ages and fitness levels use our JCC s state-of-the-art fitness facilities weekly to maintain their health and well-being. Approximately 500 children ages 6 weeks to 5 years attend Early Childhood Programs at the JCC s three ECE sites, where they begin to form their Jewish identity. Nearly 700 children and youth swam, played and learned at JCC summer camps this year. Children are making Jewish memories and friendships to last a lifetime. The JCC serves 13,000 freshly prepared Kosher lunches each year to our frail elderly adults and provides intellectually stimulating programming. For many, this is their only hot meal of the day. We take pride in improving the daily lives of all the people in our community.
Instruct students on proper water safety while adhering to all policies and procedures set forth by the Aquatics Manual. Plan and ensure students progression in learning water safety skills. Communicate progress with students parents and, using professional attitude at all times, communicate any concerns with all appropriate parties, including supervisors.
Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification, CPRPR, First Aid
Special Skills: Must pass a preliminary swimming test. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to teach, communicate, and work with people of all ages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth in the Aquatics Manual.
- Teach group or private lessons to people of all ages.
- Provide safe instruction to the participants of the JCC swimming programs.
- Complete necessary planning and paperwork inherent to the position. American Red Cross Activity Reports MUST be completed at the end of every session. This ensures your certification stays current.
- Attend all staff and evaluation meetings as scheduled.
- Instructors will be expected to have tentative block plans for each class. The supervisor will check the block plans.
- Always start and finish class on time.
- Check off skills as the students accomplish them.
- Maintain student progress reports and communicate students progress to parents.
- Make use of teaching aids.
- Instructors should always be in the water with the students.
- Attendance must be taken each day for every class.
- A professional attitude must be maintained at all times and all swim lessons should be fun, safe, and well-organized.
- Report problems you are having immediately (with children, teachers, counselors, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
Date Posted: 06/19/2017
Title: WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
JCC: The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
Location: Columbus, OH