Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Post Doctoral Scientist I
Department: Research/Center for Gene Therapy
Schedule: Full time
Shift: Day Shift
Minimum Hourly Rate: 15.654
The Harper Lab is seeking postdoctoral candidates to pursue projects aimed at understanding the molecular pathogenesis of dominant muscular dystrophies (including FSHD and LGMD1A), as well as developing therapeutic approaches (such as RNAi) for dominant muscular dystrophies and peripheral neuropathy (i.e. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disorders). Our lab''s expertise runs the gamut from molecular and cell biology to pre-clinical therapeutic studies in animals, including muscle physiology approaches. Although some experience in one or more of these areas is preferred, training opportunities are available.
In addition to applying here online, please send a CV and brief cover letter stating your experience and interest to Dr. Scott Harper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. MD, Ph.D, Pharm.D., or equivalent degree.
2. Desire to pursue a career in biomedical research, and knowledge of the research process.
3. Necessary technical skills in the appropriate area of research.
4. Ability to do technical writing, and good communication skills.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. 100% Kneeling / sitting / reaching
2. 100% Hand and Fingers dexterity for Typing and Data Entry
3. 100% Talking / hearing / seeing
4. 33% Lifting / carrying weight 0 to 20 pounds for 1 to 5 minutes