Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Information Services Supervisor- Behavioral Health
Department: Behavioral Health
Schedule: Full time
Shift: Day Shift
Minimum Hourly Rate: Commensurate with Experience
The Supervisor of Behavioral Health Information Services is responsible for the following: supervises the implementation, performance, maintenance of AVATAR and approximately 75+ psychological testing applications for Behavioral Health; performs as subject matter expert on the Behavioral Health EPIC build and functionality; responsible for developing and providing reliable and quality data for clinical, strategic and business needs; and all functions performed by the IS team personnel; assumes administrative responsibility for staffing and daily operations of the Behavioral Health Information Services Team.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field , with five to seven years experience providing systems support and analysis in a hospital setting or medical/behavioral health facility – OR - Master’s degree in hospital management, information systems, or a related science field (e.g. medical technology) with two years experience in a similar Behavioral Health facility or hospital setting.
2. Previous management experience preferred.
3. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
4. Supervisory and managerial skills required to plan, direct and evaluate the work of a subordinate staff.
5. Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills required to evaluate existing procedures and programs, and to direct the implementation of projects or improvements. Minimum of 4 years project management experience preferred.
6. Experience analyzing and preparing data for statistical analysis
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle databases, Crystal reports
8. Understanding of ODBC Database connections and structures
9. Effective interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills required in interactions with department staff, other hospital personnel, AVATAR and EPIC users at other institutions, vendors, and the public.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements; requires occasional after-hours support and overnight travel.