American Cancer Society Senior Coordinator, Mission Support - Cleveland, OH* in Cleveland, Ohio
Senior Coordinator, Mission Support - Cleveland, OH*
Submit your LinkedIn Profile as your resume!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 24332
Ohio - Cleveland
1 - 3 Years
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The Sr Coordinator, Mission Support role will provide mission related support services to the Mission Delivery staff in the region. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: document/materials/product management, volunteer and program support, patient-related service requests, patient program assistance, patient resource center support, standard reporting, and provides direction and guidance to a team of mission support staff. In partnership with the Senior Manager Support Services, serves as a coach to a team of mission support staff to effectively meet the mission delivery needs of the region.
• Provides mission document, materials and product management by ordering brochures, flyers, kits and other materials/products to support ACS mission programs. Customizes or prepares mission related materials to include but not limited to: packets, brochures, posters, folders (Reach to Recovery Kits, Look Good Feel Better (LGFB) kits, and Personal Health Managers), wigs, wig caps, and other materials/ products
• Supports mission program volunteer activities by maintaining volunteer data in Siebel, training logistics and coordination, fulfilling volunteer requests for program materials (through coordination with local office support), fulfills program volunteer requests, and volunteer mailings.
• Provides program support ensuring mailing of program materials/resources are sent to patients, performs non-PSC patient follow-up, submits program updates to PSC/Shared Service Business Center (SSBC)/Resource Management team for entry into Siebel and the Connection, coordinates program logistics, class lists, schedules rooms, event registration, maintains program supplies, copies, and coordinates with PSC. Support of non-Road to Recovery transportation programs (including payments or reimbursement for transportation, lodging, or issuing fuel cards to volunteers).
• Fulfills forwarded patient and program related service requests; serves as the point of contact for urgent requests or changes/requests not related to Patient Service Center (PSC) capabilities.
• Provides Siebel support for mission managers, including data entry as identified.
• Provides support for the delivery of LGFB, including ordering and tracking LGFB kits, assisting in scheduling and sending reminders to session volunteers.
• Produces standard reports as needed to support ACS mission programs reviews/audits reports as needed; follows up on data quality or content concerns; manages specific data Siebel (i.e., patient served, participant reports, mission volunteer reports, etc.).
• Provides support as needed for patient resource center including assisting walk-in patients when volunteer is not available, organizing materials and maintains wig room inventory, processes donated wigs, and completes data capture
• In partnership with the Senior Manager Support Services, coaches and develops a team of mission support staff to meet the needs of assigned mission portfolio.
• Collaborates with Senior Manager Support Services on hiring, onboarding/training coaching, monitoring performance and conducting reviews.
• Approves staff eTime, T&E, ePRF, and Society Mart orders for direct reports; in coordination with the Senior Manager Support Services manages staff PTO and backup coverage.
• Associate’s degree preferred; or a combination of education and work experience.
• 2-4 years of mission support experience with some supervisory experience preferred.
Demonstrates Regional Support Services Competencies:
• Being resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Optimizes work processes - Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Resourcefulness - Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
• Strong collaborative leadership, coaching and development skills of diverse staff.
• Demonstrated issue resolution skills.
• Self-driven/self-motivated, able to work with very little direct supervision or direction.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills; strong word processing, database management and spreadsheet skills.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Able to cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
• Limited travel, including evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to lift 30lbs.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.