StandardAero Technician, Coating (Thermal Spray Operator) in Cincinnati, Ohio
* Weekend 2nd Shift Opening *
- Follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to hardware.
- Proficient with the use of coating systems including the 9MC Plasma Spray system, and TAFA Smart Arc.
- Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements and controls programs for robots as applicable.
- Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
- Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, tafa, antibond or metal masks prior to coating.
- Sets up and operates various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
- Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts.
- Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
- Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
- Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s).
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #: 4009
Location: Ohio - Cincinnati
Functional Area: Technical and Production
Department: HGE Components-C&H;
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No