Macy's Retail Sales - Meal and Break, Part Time: Cincinnati, OH, Tri-County in Cincinnati, Ohio
As a Meal and Break Coverage Sales Associate at Macy's, you will be a critical link in ensuring that our customers have a rewarding experience that will keep them coming back time after time. This associate’s primary responsibility is to serve and connect with customers to determine the best way in which to address their needs. By moving between selling areas as directed to ensure appropriate coverage, you will build quality customer relationships that result in increased sales and repeat business. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to demonstrating MAGIC Selling Skills and meeting Stars Rewards credit program standards.
- Drive top line sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional MAGIC Selling Skills and Behaviors.
- Make the connection with the customer, acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon entry into the department
- Drive sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional MAGIC Selling skills, leveraging technology to optimize inventories across all channels and provide a relevant, seamless and fun one to one customer experience
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@Macy’s tablet app
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment (i.e. BOPs), and have the ability to qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them, and then get them in touch with the right associate, MBA, or Personal Shopper.
- Assist the customer in the selection process, by utilizing your expert selling skills and product knowledge
- Maintain constant communication and contact with the customer from the selection process to the closing of the transaction at the POS.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with customers
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Maintain current product knowledge to best assist in customer sales for the area assigned
- Maintain high customer readiness standards: deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment
- Handle returns graciously, always saying "yes" and partnering with a Manager when judgments need to be made
- Teamwork oriented with the ability to work in a learning environment
- Maintain recovery and special departmental operating procedures
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached
- Process fulfillment orders to include; locating and picking merchandise for customer orders
- Makes sure all picked merchandise is delivered to the send area for the receiving team to pack and ship
- Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the merchandising function
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, and flex between areas of the store and fulfillment functions, as directed by the Supervisor and/or Lead
- Be sensitive to store’s needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed
- Ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
Adhere to weekly work schedules and be flexible to the needs of the business.
• High School degree or equivalent. • Minimum 1 year previous retail experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
• Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• This position involves heavy lifting and constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment. Proficient in POS transactions and is adaptable to new technology
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Job: Non-Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71578516