Curtiss-Wright Corporation Project Engineer (Electrical) in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Opportunity | Project Engineer (Electrical)
Under general direction, performs a variety of software and/or hardware engineering activities of an analysis, design or test nature. Participates on project teams and provides guidance to less experienced engineers and technical staff. Plans, conducts and may supervise research, development or installation of products and systems in conformance with engineering design and customer specification. Engineering activities support both domestic and international products/services.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports. Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information. Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs. Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications. Study processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications. Assist in developing the structural design of products, and provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs. Design test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Track project schedule and costs. Report schedule escapes and cost overruns to management. Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 2-3 years' experience in the same or similar role for complex electrical equipment
- Previous experience with Equipment qualification is an asset
- Safety related experience
- HVAC experience is an asset
- Oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office.
- Organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple opportunities and meet strict deadlines.
- Capable of coordinating multiple project responsibilities
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled