Mercy Health Network Engineer 1 NOC in Cincinnati, Ohio
Network Engineer 1 NOC
Job ID: 4652178
Updated: August 11, 2017
Geographic Location: HomeOffice
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: Service Operations Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
The Network Engineer I responsibilities include assisting in enterprise network design, implementation and ongoing support of network infrastructure hardware and software components. Coordinate with both technical and non-technical staff and vendors on the implementation of complex projects. Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems on both physical and virtual infrastructure platforms. Recommend, implement and document corrective solutions and preventative measures. Participate in evaluation and recommendation of new technology solutions. Provide Tier 3 support and guidance to IT for all Health System and affiliate entities. Document work in the form of policies, standards and knowledge base articles.
This position consists of ensuring solutions are delivered in adherence of defined standards and policy.
The Network Engineer I position is expected to actively work technical projects as well as provide/receive guidance to/from team members as needed to ensure quality and delivery of work.
This position is expected to work both independently and with various teams across the Mercy Health enterprise.
- Perform daily prioritization of work to ensure assigned project and incident SLA requirements are met
- Provide training and mentoring on technologies to peers and colleagues
- Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of technical solutions based on requirements, ranging from group to enterprise wide deployments
- Engage in tier 2 and tier 3 troubleshooting on issues identified with deployed services, providing resolution and remediation
- Perform tasks related to the operation, servicing, trouble shooting, and administration platform technologies:
- Datacenter networking platforms
- Distribution layer networking platforms
- Enterprise Wireless
- Cisco Security products including ASA firewalls and ISE
- Multi Datacenter high availability and load balancing
- External access technologies
- Name Resolution
- Virtualization platforms
- WAN Communications and QOS
Position Requirements (Technical Skills):
- 2+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Knowledge of various trunk types (analog, PRI, SIP, H323, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Cisco Nexus network infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Cisco 45xx, 38xx, 37xx network components
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA (ISE experience a plus)
- Working knowledge of Cisco Enterprise Wireless design and management
- Working knowledge of F5 Networking technologies
- Working knowledge Citrix NetScaler Technologies
- Experience with Cisco UCS infrastructure components
- Experience with enterprise-class Infrastructure environments
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to author technical documents and create procedure manuals
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to conduct research into current and future technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Healthcare knowledge/background including data privacy practices and laws
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability 7/24 as part of a rotation schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the application of technology in the technical environment and its business return
- Be capable of designing complex technology solutions taking into account the existing tech landscape
- Be capable of designing clear transition plans to demonstrate to a client how they can achieve their long term objectives in stages
- Have the necessary communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients at all levels
- Have the ability to keep up to date with technology as it develops and inform their clients of the potential impact
- Be capable of taking a conceptual solution and turning it into a detailed design, configured and priced for the client
- Act as the technical point of contact for clients and technical teams throughout the client life cycle
- Be self managing and capable of prioritizing work load based on client requirements
Education and Experience:
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, telecommunications, information sciences, or related field and/or 2+ years equivalent work experience.
Full-Time, 40 hours per week.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.