Mercy Health Medical Assistant Float Pool - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati - All Locations in Cincinnati, Ohio
Medical Assistant Float Pool - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati - All Locations
Job ID: 4652193
Updated: August 11, 2017
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: Float Pool
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
As a medical assistant, you wear many hats. Mercy Health has many hats for you to wear. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we need your expertise. We’re looking for medical assistants in our physician offices and other healthcare facilities. You’ll be part of a team that thrives on positive collaboration. You’ll work with a great support. And you’ll be part of a shared commitment to give our patients the best care.
As a medical assistant at Mercy Health, you’ll support our doctors. You’ll also interview patients for medical history, health concerns, vital signs and more.
You’ll also need to:
· Answer and route patient phone calls.
· Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies.
· Pre-authorize prescriptions, perform outpatient testing and record results.
· Call other departments, doctors and agencies.
· Schedule appointments and help complete forms and insurance verification.
· Enter patient data.
· Follow the proper procedures, policies and standards.
· Schedule tests.
· Care for patients in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.
· Strive for the best patient outcomes.
· Recognize and report potential safety issues.
· Maintain confidentiality and be a patient advocate.
· Keep the environment clean, neat and safe.
· Wear other hats, as needed.
Qualifications - Minimum
We’re looking for kind, reliable and dedicated medical assistants — the type of professional who always puts the patient first. Things move quickly around here, so your hats should also include multi-tasking, organization and flexibility. You’ll need good communication skills, too — so you can help patients be their healthy best.
Specifically, you’ll need:
· High school diploma or GED required (candidate must provide verification)
· 2 year Associates Degree in Medical Assisting Preferred
· 5 Years of direct Medical Assistant Experience
· Must be one of the following, or must obtain this qualification within 6 months of employment:
· Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA or NHA); or
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
· Must have graduated from a Medical Assisting program or have at least 3 years of direct medical assisting experience in a physician practice or ambulatory setting within the last 5 years. Would accept current CMA or RMA licensure in lieu of education.
· Computer Skills, Verbal and written communication skills, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
First shift; Monday – Saturday
Positions are available throughout the Greater Cincinnati area and include, but are not limited to:
· General Practice
· Specialty Practice
For more information contact Lydia Gray at email@example.com