Aultman Health Foundation STAFF NURSE in Canton, Ohio
Location Aultman Orrville
Department AOH - MED SURG
Schedule Full Time
Shift Night Shift
Hours 7p-7a Saturdays and Sundays, with 2 shifts on call/month
Certification as required by job description
Demonstrate good communication skills
Demonstrated integrity and strong work ethic
Provides direct patient care to adolescent through geriatric patient population in the critical care setting. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient's clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement and QI activities.
- Performs a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
This includes pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population
served. Able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each age
specific needs and provide care that is needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats
appropriately based upon ACLS protocol. Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of
patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient
and their clinical conditions. Follows the five medications rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors.
- Assesses and reassesses pain management techniques utilized using the WILDA
scale. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management, and documents the
results of pain management.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses
psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their
families. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other
health care providers.
- Is professional at all times, maintains good working relationships with all
departments and physicians, and staff members. Maintains a clean and neat
appearance, wears nametag at all times.