CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Accounting Intern in Canton, Ohio
We are seeking Interns for our Akron and * Canton, offices to start in *January 2018. As an intern, you will assist and provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on gaining exposure to a particular industry. You will utilize your accounting educational background to assist in some or all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to associates, seniors, and others. Based on performance, career goals, and business conditions you could walk away with a full-time offer.
- Assists with the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance services for clients.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Prepares tax returns and reviews with the tax team.
- Completes tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
- Expands industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
We value a passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites.
- Working towards a degree in Accounting
- Achieving credit requirements to sit for CPA exam.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help clients succeed professionally and personally. Our team members are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,500 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 17-0938
Title: Accounting Intern