Mercy Health New Grad Nurse Resident - Med / Surg - Mercy Health Clermont Hospital in Batavia, Ohio
New Grad Nurse Resident - Med / Surg - Mercy Health Clermont Hospital
Job ID: 4644799
Updated: June 19, 2017
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Batavia, OH, United States
Department: Med/Surg - 2W Nursing
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifying and determining the priority of patient’s/ resident’s/client’s problems/needs, and evaluating the process and outcome of nursing care. The RN coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members. The RN possesses good interpersonal and teamwork skills and practices the Core Values of the Mercy Health Care System.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of state approved school of nursing
2. Current RN licensure (or plans to be licensed by start date) to practice nursing issued by the State of Ohio
3. Additional training and/or certification in area of specialization required and demonstrated by unit-based competency
4. American Heart Assocation BLS proficiency
ELMENTS OF THE PROGRAM
- Bedside clinical experience: Your trained nurse preceptor teaches you clinical skills, shares knowledge and expertise, assists with decision making, and helps you develop critical thinking skills. Nearly 75 percent of the residency is dedicated to precepted clinical experience.
- Classroom and skills lab: About 25 percent of the program is a broad range of classes specifically designed for new nurses.
- A caring, dedicated nurse mentor: An experienced nurse works with you and is your resource or sponsor for career development. Your mentor helps you make the transition from new graduate to professional nurse.
- Support groups: Experienced and trained facilitators lead group sessions built into the program. The support group provides a confidential and supportive place to express your concerns and develop practical tools to deal with stress.
- Newly graduated from an accredited school
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Less than six months of professional nursing experience
- Pass the NCLEX before start date
Shift and Job Schedule
Hours: Part-Time, 24 Hours Weekly
Shift: Nights, 7:00pm - 7:00am
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Join our team, and you’ll have access to cutting-edge technology. You’ll rub elbows with the best-of-the-best in over 100 specialties. And you’ll be part of an organization that includes 23 hospitals and more than 450 locations in Ohio and Kentucky. Because we’re a large organization, you’ll find plenty of room for advancement and growth. And we’re ready to invest in your future through training and professional development. So you can improve your skills, develop new ones and take on new challenges.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
· Great health, dental and vision plans
· Prescription drug coverage
· Flexible spending accounts
· Life insurance w/AD&D
· An employer-matched 403(b)
· Plenty of paid time off
· Tuition reimbursement
· And a lot more