The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Technician in Akron, Ohio
Goodyear. More Driven.
The Applied Physical Metrology team is responsible for mixing, processing and testing of rubber compounds and reinforcements to support the needs of the corporation.
- High School diploma required, 2-year technical degree preferred
- Experience in rubber compound mixing and testing preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes initiative
- Team player
- Proficient with various computer applications
- Willing to learn new skills to add to team efficiency and flexibility
- Established record of working safely
- Able to stand on their feet for long periods
- Complete mixing or testing of rubber compounds in a timely manner with attention to detail and quality
- Understand test methods, test equipment, test samples, recognize errors and suggest improvements.
- Understand role in ISO audit process and can participate as required
- Understand and participate in quality control methods
- Use safe working practices and promote a safe work atmosphere throughout the team
- Share knowledge and support co-workers as well as customers (those from other areas of RDE&Q).
- Be proactive in seeking new skills as needed to support team goals
Type: Full-time - must be available for 1st or 2nd shift
Location: Akron, OH
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information