The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Technician - Third Shift in Akron, Ohio
Goodyear. More Driven.
TECHNICIAN – ATC (N05)
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's Product Evaluation Department is responsible for the testing needs of all the tires developed in its North American Innovation Center, including passenger, light truck, aircraft, radial medium truck, race and off-road construction tires. Goodyear’s North American test facilities primarily include laboratories in Akron, OH and a proving grounds facility in San Angelo, TX. The facility is a frequent tour destination for Goodyear associates & customers, requiring meticulous care of the facility & equipment, projecting a high level of professionalism in daily operations. Work may involve manual tasks that require test setup, tire mounting & dismounting, machine setup & manual use of tools. The equipment or machines operated by the Technician may be manual, semi-automatic or automatic.
- High School Diploma required
- Technical Associate's Degree preferred
- Entry level position into lab environment
- Prior experience in tire mounting preferred
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate both manual and semi-automated industrial machinery
- Established record of working safely
- Ability to follow explicit, documented procedures
- Ability to perform multiple tasks or operate multiple equipment/machines within any work day
- Sense of urgency
- Organized with ability to quickly comprehend detailed test procedures and implement during test setup and established inspection intervals at the equipment/machine
- Solid computer and basic math skills
- Established record of good customer service
- Professional attitude with reference to assigned projects and work tasks
- Prepare tires, wheels & components or other based on lab purpose for standardized and non-standardized testing.
- Perform equipment/machine setup using a test request, specification, run sheet or other input form.
- Verify and validate that the machine, test, sample are proper prior to initiating a test or experiment.
- Operate manual, semi-automatic and automatic machinery/equipment and processes.
- Follow all procedures including timing of specific events as written.
- Mount, balance, dismount, and store tires.
- Enter test conditions into test machine computers and other designated logbooks, or electronic records as required.
- Record test data in specified formats onto manual test books, batch sheets, or computer systems.
- Recognize abnormal situations with the machinery, procedure or the tested product and report specific details to Supervisor at the time of incident.
- Communicate professionally with customers, team members and Supervisor
- Provide operational assistance on equipment as required to support Engineering, Originators, Test Departments & Customers or other special requests.
- Follow all proper safety standards and promotes a safe work atmosphere throughout the team.
The position is for 3rd shift.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information